WARM Festival 2015 (A Letter from WARM)
June 20th, 2015
WARM FESTIVAL (28 June – 4 July)
A Festival on Contemporary Conflicts
WARM, “to tell the story with excellence and integrity”
Sebastian Junger, Moises Saman, Mani, Florent Marcie, Denis Peschanski, Stéphane Grimaldi, Robert Holloway, Darko Brkan, Peter Cunliffe-Jones, Lou Jacobson, Amr Sobhy, Eric Baradat, Roger Cozien, Margo Gontar, Rasa Nedeljkov, Oden Roberts, Paul Lowe, Muhamed Durakovic, Ziyah Gafic, Velma Saric, Tim Hetherington, Saeed Taji Farouky, Michael McEvoy, Maral Deghati, Jérôme Huffer, Pierre Terdjman, Capucine Granier-Deferre, Blake Fitch, Nayan Tara Gurung Kakshapati, Pete Muller, Midhat Poturovic, Emeric Lhuisset, Nedim Loncarevic, Peter Bouckaert, Emma Daly, Klaartje Quirijns, Marcus Bleasdale, Ross Kauffman, Katy Chevigny, #Dysturb, José Coulon, Laurence Geai, Olivier Jobard, Moutafis, Myrto Papadopoulos, Emanuele Satolli, Edmund Clark, Ashley Gilbertson, Shannon Jensen, Simon Norfolk, Fred Ramos, Monica Alcazar-Duarte, Lewis Bush, Jacob Balzani, Madeleine Corcoran, Cinzia D’Ambrosi, Veronika Lukasova, Amin Musa, Frank Smith, Jasmina Pasalic, Joseph Zimet, Nicolas Offenstadt, Aida Begic, among others…
The WARM Festival is bringing together people – journalists, artists, historians, researchers, activists – working on the world’s contemporary conflicts.
– Sunday June 28th / 21:00
WARM FESTIVAL OPENING CEREMONY
‘This is Exile – Diaries of Child Refugees’, a film by Mani
– Saturday July 4th / 19:00
WARM FESTIVAL CLOSING CEREMONY with WARM Members & Festival Guests
‘Commander Khawani’, a film by Florent Marcie
– Tuesday June 30th / 21:00
‘Tell Spring Not To Come This Year’, a film by Saeed Taji Farouky & Michael McEvoy
– Wednesday July 1st / 15:30
‘My Body: A War Zone’ exhibition, curated by PCRC & PROOF, with Blake Fitch, Nayan Tara Gurung Kakshapati, Pete Muller, Midhat Poturovic - Exhibition Opening – BBI Center Square
– Wednesday July 1st / 18:30
‘Maydan – Hundred Portraits’ exhibition, by Emeric Lhuisset - Exhibition Opening – Duplex 100m2
– Wednesday July 1st / 21:00
‘Srebrenica’s Voices’, a film by Nedim Loncarevic - World Premiere
– Thursday July 2nd
– 14:30 – ‘The Dictator Hunter’, a film by Klaartje Quirijns
– 18:30 – ‘Terror in the Central African Republic’ exhibition, by Marcus Bleasdale - Exhibition Opening – Java Gallery
– 21:00 – ‘E-Team’, a film by Ross Kauffman & Katy Chevigny, with Peter Bouckaert
– Friday July 3rd / 18:30
Exhibitions Openings - Academy of Fine Arts
– ‘Discordia’ exhibition, by Moises Saman
– ‘The Forensic Turn’ exhibition, curated by Paul Lowe with images by Edmund Clark, Zijah Gafic, Ashley Gilbertson, Shannon Jensen, Simon Norfolk, Fred Ramos
– ‘Media & Myth – Mass Media and the Vietnam War’ exhibition curated by Monica Alcazar-Duarte and Lewis Bush with Paul Lowe with artists Jacob Balzani, Madeleine Corcoran, Cinzia D’Ambrosi, Veronika Lukasova, Amin Musa, Lewis Bush, Monica Alcazar-Duarte
– Friday July 3rd / around the city – ‘Migrations’, a photojournalism / street art project by #Dysturb with José Coulon, Laurence Geai, Olivier Jobard, Moutafis, Myrto Papadopoulos, Emanuele Satolli
– Friday July 3rd / 21:00
‘The Last Patrol’, a film by Sebastian Junger
– Saturday July 4th / 11:00
‘Guantanamo’, a video, book reading & discussion by Frank Smith
WARM is an international Foundation working on the world’s contemporary conflicts.
WARM is dedicated to war reporting, war art, war memory.
WARM is bringing together people – journalists, artists, historians, researchers, activists – with a common passion for “telling the story with excellence and integrity”.
WARM is dedicated to the promotion of emerging talents and to education.
WARM’s primary goal is to open an international WARM Center on contemporary conflicts in Sarajevo.
The WARM Festival, which takes place every year at the end of June, is a key step towards the creation of a WARM Center on contemporary conflicts in Sarajevo.
The WARM Review #1 will be on sale during the Festival.
NEW WARM MEMBERS / BECOME A MEMBER
The WARM Members community is an international network of reporters, artists, researchers, activists… working on contemporary conflicts.
If you are working on contemporary conflicts, become a WARM Member.
We need your support for the WARM projects and productions,
for the 2015 WARM Festival, and to open the WARM Center.
To make a donation, click on ‘Donate’ on our homepage.
Major donors can contact us here.